Thursday, March 30, 2006


This morning while sitting in my Church-Planting class discussing how and when to implement Communion in a young tribal church, our teacher suddenly stopped speaking and with wide eyes said, "There's a moose outside." Almost our entire class jumped up and ran to the windows, some ran outside (including myself) to see the moose for ourselves. After a short chase I was finally able to see it. For a moose, it was a relatively small female, but it was still much bigger (and taller) than any white-tail deer I had ever seen. I've heard they can be dangerous so I didn't want to get too close of a look, so after a quick glimpse I returned to class. I had never seen a moose before so it was pretty exciting to see one casually stroll right onto our campus and by our classroom windows. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though, after all, I am in Canada!

No comments: