
Last week I went to New Tribes Bible Institute in Waukesha Wisconsin with a group of classmates and staff . Our Purpose was to help educate and inform the current Bible school students about the next phases of training with NTM. John, one of the trainers here in Durham, spoke in two chapels and talked about what type of classes the students take in the second phase of the training and why they're so important for the task of tribal church planting. While there, we also had the opportunity to mingle with the students during meals, sports, a coffee social, a question and answer session and a friendly game of Halo (which I lost). While my goal was to be able to answer the questions that some of the students had, I also found myself extremely encouraged by the visit. As I met more and more students I became excited about the reality of God being at work in each of their lives. Many, like Danny or Chris, were preparing to head on with the training that NTM offers and take the gospel to those who have never had a chance to hear, while others like Matt and Abbie were simply gaining a solid Biblical foundation that would sustain them as they pursued other avenues of ministry. I was reminded all over again of how good of a school NTBI is, and I'm extremely thankful for the staff there who are equipping young people to faithfully serve God.

No comments:
Post a Comment